Here are instructions on how to set up your MetaMask extension and wallet.
If you are using Chrome or Brave:
- To get started, you'll need to go to the Chrome web store and add the MetaMask plugin to Chrome.
- Click “Add Extension.”
- Now the MetaMask icon will appear on the top right list of your extensions in Chrome.
After the MetaMask extension is installed:
- Click on the MetaMask extension in your browser window.
- Read the Privacy Note and the Terms and Conditions. (The Accept button will on activate when you read and scroll down.)
- Create your password and make sure it is secure.
- MetaMask will now give you a Seed phrase consisting of 12 words. DO write them down on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe, memorable place. Be extremely careful with these words. DO NOT ever email them anywhere, not even to yourself.
- If you ever need to use a new computer or need to reinstall the extension, you can use your Seed phrase to restore your wallet. When you first load the extension select the option to Import Existing Den and enter your 12 word Seed phrase.
- Now you are logged into your MetaMask account and have created your wallet.
You can now fund your wallet with Ether (ETH) by clicking Deposit and selecting an option listed. (Note that you will need to link your wallet to a cryptocurrency exchange like Coinbase that is connected to your bank account in order to use U.S. Dollars or other local currency to purchase ETH) The full guide is found here.