Before you can use, buy or sell Civil tokens, you must complete the Civil Tutorial to ensure you understand how to use Civil tokens and how the Civil Registry works. Learn more about how to take Civil Tutorial here.
To buy Civil tokens (CVL), you must buy Ether (ETH) and then you will be able to buy CVL. You can’t use USD or local currencies to directly buy a Civil token – currencies need to be converted into ETH first. Please note, if you are a first-time ETH purchaser, it may take a few days to get ETH in your wallet. Learn more about ETH and where to buy them here.
To buy Civil tokens, make sure you're first logged into your Civil account and connect your cryptocurrency wallet like MetaMask
- Navigate to the Buy tab
- Buy Civil Tokens from Civil Foundation. When buying from the Foundation, 100% net proceeds goes to funding worthy journalism projects.
- Get a quote from the Civil Foundation:
- Enter amount of USD or ETH you like to spend
- A quote for the amount of Civil tokens should generate
- Click Buy from Foundation in Airswap button
- Or Buy Civil tokens from Exchange. When you buy from an exchange, the rate is based on market demand.
- Simply click the Buy from Exchange in Airswap button